Data protection information for visitors to the website
We are pleased about your visit to our website and interest in our companies. We would like to inform you below about what data are recorded during your visit to our website and use of REMARKET NOW and how they are used.
We, the operators of the website remarket-now.com (specifically, the company named under item 1.) would like to explain below what data from you we process and how.
For questions on data protection, our data protection officer is available to you at firstname.lastname@example.org, and at the contact information indicated in item 1.
1) Publisher of the Internet site and party responsible for data processing
The responsible party, as set forth in the EU DS_GVO, other data protection laws in force in the member states of the EU, and other legal provisions related to data protection, is as follows:
CDS Business Services GmbH
32791 Lage, Germany
Telephone: +49 5232 9554525
Company headquarters: Lage
Registry court: Lemgo
Registry number: HR B 7519
VAT ID no.: DE277772364
Managing Directors: Sven Bent, Frank Fischer, Paul Koch
The corporate data protection officer of CDS Business Services GmbH can be reached as follows:
Certified data protection auditor/data protection officer Foundation ISO/IEC 27001
32791 Lage, Germany
Telephone +49 5232 9804700
2) Purpose, legal basis, categories of recipients, data processing storage period
Purpose: Representation of the company, provision of services and/or marketing of products as well as Internet communications.
The purpose of the data processing on this website is to provide information about the products and services of our companies and enable users to contact individuals at the company is a targeted way.
We also process personal data in accordance with the following legal bases:
- Article 6(1)(a) GDPR for processing personal data with the consent of the affected individual.
- Article 6(1)(b) GDPR for necessary processing of personal data to execute a contract with the affected individual or to implement relevant precontractual steps.
- Article 6(1)(c) GDPR for necessary processing of personal data to execute a legal obligation to which we are subject pursuant to any applicable EU laws or pursuant to any applicable laws of a country in which the GDPR is fully or partially applicable.
- Article 6(1)(b) GDPR for necessary processing of personal data in order to safeguard our legitimate interests or those of third parties, provided no basic freedoms or basic rights or interests of the affected party take precedence. Legitimate interests include in particular our commercial interest in being able to provide our website, security of information, assertion of our own legal claims and adherence to other legal provisions.
In the context of providing our own services, we utilize service providers that are separately obligated to secrecy and to data privacy. Disclosure to authorities occurs exclusively in the event of overriding legal provisions. In no case will we use the data that are collected to identify you.
a) When you visit the website
When our website at www.remarket-now.com is accessed, a connection is established with your browser. The following information that is thereby collected is temporarily placed in system files and is automatically recorded:
- Your device’s IP address
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of files retrieved
- Website from which access occurred or from which you were directed to our site (referrer URL)
- Browser being used and if applicable your device’s operating system as well as the name of your provider
- We process the data indicated for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth establishment of a connection to our website
- Ensuring system security and system stability
- Comfortable use of our website
The connection data that are generated are deleted automatically, generally for a maximum of seven days. If the website is being used improperly, log data that must be saved for a longer period for evidentiary purposes will be saved until the incident has been resolved.
b) When you use our contact form
For questions of all types, we offer you the option of contacting us via a form provided on the website. You must provide your name and a valid email address when doing this, so that we know from whom the inquiry is coming and can answer it. Additional information can be entered voluntarily in the free text field.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us occurs pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR on the basis of your freely granted consent.
The personal data we collect for the use of the contact form are automatically deleted after your inquiry has been taken care of.
c) When registering/using our platform
On our website at mall.remarket-now.com, you have the option to voluntarily register with our closed marketing platform REMARKET NOW. The personal data you enter there are used for approval, creation of a customer account and registration to receive a particular newsletter from us. After the registration form has been sent, CDS will check your registration, and approval may occur. If CDS does not approve you, your personal registration data will be blocked and not processed further.
Data processing for the purpose of registering at REMARKET NOW occurs pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) and (b) GDPR on the basis of your freely granted consent, or if necessary to fulfil a contract with you or to carry out a pre-contractual step.
The personal data we collect for the use of REMARKET NOW are blocked after termination of the business relationship or after deletion of your customer account and are deleted at the end of tax and commercial-law retention periods.
With your voluntary registration, you have subscribed to a particular newsletter from us. Consent for the processing of your data is obtained during the registration process, with reference to this data protection statement. The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which makes it possible for us to process the data if you have consented to the processing.
You can revoke your subscription to the newsletter (your consent) at any time, effective for the future. In every newsletter, there is a link to unsubscribe from the newsletter so you can revoke your consent; however, it is also possible to unsubscribe directly via our Internet site. The request to unsubscribe from the newsletter can, of course, also be addressed directly to the person responsible for the data processing. This information is provided under item 1 of this data protection statement.
Only essential cookies that are necessary for operating the platform are recorded:
- .ASPXAUTH: Used to determine whether a user is authenticated.
- ASP.NET_SessionId: Used to identify the user’s session on the server.
- authUser: Authenticates client inquiries and manages session information. Saves the information that the user is authenticated for the session. Used only for same-location connections.
- lastUser: Necessary for user authentication. Used only for same-location connections.
- vendor/ vendorID: Necessary to access supplier and layout information. Used only for same-location connections.
REMARKET NOW uses the following external scripts:
- Browse Happy: A website that reminds users to update their web browsers.
- Cdnjs: A free service to make JS libraries available.
- Fancybox: A tool for displaying images, HTML content and multimedia in a “lightbox" that overlies the website Mac-style.
- Font Awesome: Makes scalable and vector-based icons available that can be incorporated as needed into CSS.
- jQuery CDN: A way to incorporate jQuery into your website without actually downloading and saving it in your website folder.
- jQuery UI: A collection of GUI widgets, animated visual effects and topics that were implemented with jQuery, Cascading Style Sheets und HTML.
- Modernizr: Recognises the technologies available in the client browser; this information is later used to improve user-friendliness and performance of the website.
- Mousewheel JS: A jQuery plugin that offers cross-browser Mousewheel support.
- Popper: A tooltip and popover positioning engine
Use of Matomo tracking
Purpose of processing
The Matomo web analytics service is used on this website. No cookies are placed for this. If you do not consent to the storage and analysis of these data from your visit, you can object to storage and use below with a click of your mouse at any time. In this case, an “opt-out cookie” is placed in your browser, meaning that Matomo will not collect any session data. Please note that complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie is also deleted and that you may need to re-activate it.
The legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the fact that we use statistical analysis of user behaviour to make adjustments for optimisation and marketing purposes as well as security.
You have the option of preventing the activity you engage in here from being analysed and linked. This will protect your private sphere but will also prevent the owner from learning from your activity and improving usability for you and other users.
3) Your right to information, correction, deletion, opting out and data transferability.
You may exercise your right to information, correction and deletion of data at any time. Just contact us using the options described above. If you wish to have data deleted but we are still legally obligated to retention, access to your data will be restricted (blocked). The same applies in the event of opting out. You may exercise your right to data transferability, provided this is technically possible for both the recipient and us.
4) Right to legal remedy
You may submit a complaint at any time to a data protection supervisory authority.
For example, to the state data protection and freedom of information officer of North Rhine - Westphalia, https://www.ldi.nrw.de/, who is responsible for our company
5) Data security/encryption
Our website uses “hypertext transfer protocol secure” (https). The connection between your browser and our server is encrypted.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continually improved in accordance with the current state of technological development.
6) Updates and changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to modify the content of this privacy notice at any time. This generally occurs when the services used are developed further or modified. You can view the current privacy notice on our website. Effective date of this notice: 09/02/2022